Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A Mouse, Cookies, and a School Day (CRR)


Would you take a mouse to school? In the book, If You Take a Mouse to School, a boy does, and they have a bunch of fun during the school day.

I love picture books! In my favorite one, If You Take a Mouse to School, the mouse goes to school and makes a paper book, a mouse house, he does complicated math and writes high level words.  The pictures are vibrant, and have a lot happening on the page.  Most of the book is composed of pictures. My mom used to read me this book almost every night when I was younger. I always wanted to solve the subject of math the mouse used in the picture, so I have been trying to find the different ways you can solve math problems, and how to view simpler math in a higher exceptive. Also, sense I was six I wanted to make a messy science experiment where it spills all over the table.

If You Take a Mouse to School taught me how to be a good friend, to enjoy being young, and put your friends before you. When the mouse was assembling the mouse house, the boy held the blocks and was giving them to the mouse when he could have been doing something else that he wanted to do. They boy also shared his belonging with the mouse, so that the mouse had the materials that he needed for his plans on what he wanted to do during school. When the mouse forgot the lunchbox with his snack at school he started crying. The boy comforted him and took him back to school even though they were waiting for the bus and could have missed it. I think parents or adults should read to young children. The more you prepare kids, the more they will have success at reading and writing. My mom read to my sister and I when we were young and we are really good at school. Being read to is one of the best things ever.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment